Oakland Community College
This description is intended to indicate the types of duties and responsibilities requested of the employee assigned this title. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required:
- Participates in development and implementation of program goals, clinical objectives, and clinical evaluation system.
2. Evaluates and assures clinical education effectiveness through a schedule of continuous site visits to clinical education sites.
3. Facilitates appropriate supervision and instruction of students in the clinical setting; evaluates clinical competence of each student.
4. Exhibits a positive professional attitude toward students and the teaching process; utilizes positive interpersonal communication skills.
5. Participates in continuing education to maintain professional competence.
6. Establishes a standard method for image evaluation and regularly scheduled sessions in scanning techniques to provide students with program consistency and effectiveness.
7. Supports Program Director to help assure effective program operations in accordance with JRCDMS standards.
8. Participates in assessment process in accordance with OCC requirements and JRCDMS standards.
9. Meets regularly with Program Director to provide up-to-date student clinical progress reports.
10. Coordinates and maintains student clinical records including, but not limited to, attendance, competency evaluations, progress reports, mid-term, and final evaluations.
11. Participates in scheduled student conferences each semester to discuss and assess student progress, or more often if necessary.
12. Participates in student selection process for entry into the program; participates in scheduled information sessions for prospective students.
13. Participates in Advisory Committee Meetings, Clinical Instructor meetings, and on committees consistent with serving the goals of the program.
14. Schedules student rotations in clinical settings to achieve program objectives.
15. Coordinates with Program Director in periodic review and revision of clinical course materials.
16. Performs other related duties, as assigned.
17. Ability to work addiditonal hours, as needed.
· Proficiency in curriculum development, teaching methodology, supervision, instruction, evaluation, and guidance
· Credentialed (AB, OB-GYN) in good standing by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers; vascular skills desired
· Skill in verbal and written communication
· Knowledge of computer software applications
Preferred Years Of Experience:1 Year(s)
Education Required:2 Year Degree - AS
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Travel:Up to 10% Travel
Share On :